10 Questions With Valencia Wells
One of the newest members on our Koss Olinger team is Valencia Wells. Valencia began with us on a part time basis and recently transitioned to being a full time team member. We are thrilled to have Valencia, as her sunny disposition and professional experience make Koss Olinger better each and every day!
10 Questions with Valencia Wells
- How long have you been with Koss Olinger and what is your role? I started working at Koss Olinger in October 2018 as a temporary employee in a back-up role for the front desk & Operations team. More recently, I’ve assumed a full time role as Client Liaison/Corporate Scheduler.
- Where did you grow up? I grew up in Sanford near Orlando with my mom, dad and two sisters. I proudly wear the title of oldest daughter or firstborn, and I don’t let my sisters forget it! (lol) Our family dynamic has changed drastically since my mother passed away in 2011. However, we are all embracing change and new family dynamics. Ours bonds run deep.
- Do you have any pets? If yes, tell us about them. No pets. I did pet sit my friends’ (three dogs-yellow lab, a Maltese and Miniature Poodle) for seven years. I guess that counts, right?
- What is something people would find surprising to learn about you? People would find it surprising that I like country music (a lot!) and that I was voted by the other pageant contestants as Miss Congeniality in a Miss UF Pageant eons ago! I did enjoy several years of study and fun at the University of Florida from 1990-94, 1995-1997, 2008! (Graduating as a Gator on three occasions.)
- What do you consider your best quality? I’ve been told by others that they find me genuine, a quality they appreciate. I appreciate that quality for sure in others.
- If you could have dinner with one famous person from history who would it be and why? It would have to be the Queen of England. I’ve been fascinated with the royal family since I was a young person. I follow her life and story. She displays such strength, fortitude and resolve about her duty and calling as Queen which is a testament to her character. In some ways she reminds me of my maternal grandmother in her style and stature.
- What is the best advice you ever received? Treat others with respect and kindness no matter their position or title. All people are special (my mother lived this and was loved by so many people at all levels.) I’m the way I am because of her strong influence in my life. Her laughter, love and wisdom resonate with me daily!
- What is your super power? I’m not really sure what this question means…if it’s asking what gets me a long way in life or in good graces with people then I’d say my smile, love for God and care/concern for others! Inner motivation also comes when I know that what I do for others pleases them.
- What is your favorite food? Food is my favorite food! But, if I had to pick, I would say fusion foods (savory/sweet sauces, rices-thai, curry, etc.) and pineapple/pepperoni pizza with a side salad.
- What do you think is your biggest contribution to the Koss Olinger team? I respect everyone and believe that I’m here to encourage, support and work hard as a part of the team to help all of us grow to the next level to reach our Vivid Vision. I’m committed to excellence, growth and want to represent our team, our clients and the Koss Olinger brand with class, style and grace!