Director of Investment Accounts, Alison Mathena, started with Koss Olinger on June 8, 1992. Coincidentally, the same day as Managing Partner, Will Olinger.
Alison’s role has evolved over the years. Today she works hand in hand with advisors and clients as Koss Olinger’s Investment Director. Alison’s contributions to Koss Olinger are invaluable and we are grateful to have her as a part of our team.
10 Questions with Alison Mathena
- How long have you been with Koss Olinger and what is your role? –23 years, Investment Director
- Where did you grow up? –Daytona Beach, FL
- Do you have any pets? If yes, tell us about them. —Yes, we have four: Savannah, Bootsie, Jeffro and Sylvester.
- What is something people would find surprising to learn about you? —I was a majorette in middle school and high school. I twirled batons, fire, and hoops in competitions.
- What do you consider your best quality? —I am brutally honest.
- If you could have dinner with one famous person from history who would it be? –Oprah, she has a wonderful perspective on life and is so giving of herself.
- What is the best advice you ever received? –Be yourself and don’t conform to others to be accepted.
- What is your super power? –Salsa dancing
- What is your favorite food? —I hate to say it out loud–fried chicken!
- What do you think is your biggest contribution to the Koss Olinger team? —I am a mentor to my team members.