Nine Questions with Brandon Hord
- How long have you been with Koss Olinger and what is your role? I originally started as an intern back in 2017. Beginning in May 2019, I joined the team, full time, as an investment analyst.
- Where did you grow up? I grew up in Merritt Island which is on the east coast of Florida near the Space Center and Cocoa Beach. I spent my childhood there before I moved to Gainesville for college…Go Gators!
- Do you have any pets? Currently I don’t have any pets, though I do “get to” watch my sister’s dogs, Remy and Rosie, often.
- What is something people would find surprising to learn about you? I was born in England, before moving to Florida at the age of 3, and have dual citizenship.
- What do you consider your best quality? I’d like to think it is empathy, as it helps me aim my moral compass so that I do what I feel is right.
- If you could have dinner with one famous person from history who would it be and why? George Washington. I find his foresight to be remarkable, not only as a leader, but as a person. His ability to understand what our country needed at the time he was president, as well as how best to prepare our nation moving forward. The America we live in today is drastically different, yet many of his ideals remain relevant to our ever-changing world.
- What is the best advice you ever received? This isn’t advice I’ve received directly but a quote I like from Earnest Hemingway, “There is nothing noble about being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
- What is your favorite food? Cheese
- What do you think is your biggest contribution to the Koss Olinger team? I think my biggest contribution is my willingness to help others and adapt when needed.