KO Team Member Spotlight: Jessica Sacks
Jessica Sacks joined our team as an Operations Consultant in March 2018. Jessica quickly became an integral part of the Operations team. We are grateful for Jessica’s support and contributions each day. In order to get to know Jessica a bit better we asked her a series of questions. Here are her responses:
- How long have you been with Koss Olinger and what is your role? I was hired in March as an Operations Consultant.
- Where did you grow up? I was raised in the tiny town of Wimberley, Texas just outside of Austin. People refer to Wimberley as “a little bit of heaven.”
- Do you have any pets? If yes, tell us about them. I have two dogs named Winston and Chloe. My husband and I rescued them as puppies. Chloe runs the show at our house. She’s super intelligent and loves to show off her toys which she knows by name. She loves to do tricks and swim in the pool. Winston on the other hand is afraid of water, especially water that falls from the sky, which is really unfortunate considering his Florida residency. He loves to cuddle and talk. He will literally talk (in his own way) back and forth with us. Our guests always get a kick out of it.
- What is something people would find surprising to learn about you? My husband and I base a lot of our travel plans around music. We will get really into a band or two, study their catalog and base vacation destinations around tours. We’ve seen Pearl Jam perform all over the world. I guess we’ve always been really into them!
- What do you consider your best quality? I’m incredibly loyal to the ones I love. There is nothing I wouldn’t do for my close friends and family. When something goes wrong, I am the one to call because I will listen and I will act.
- If you could have dinner with one famous person from history who would it be and why? Hands down, Eugene V. Debs! I am fascinated with him and consider him a sort of revolutionary romantic who was well ahead of his time. He actively denounced World War I and was imprisoned for sedition in 1921. He ran for President of the U.S. while behind bars and still managed to earn over a million votes!
- What is the best advice you ever received? At the end of your life, the relationships you have built are what really matter.
- What is your super power? Seeing in to the future! I’m pretty sure my younger sister gets really tired of saying, “You were right.”
- What is your favorite food?I am a foodie! The type of food doesn’t matter to me as much as the quality and source.
- What do you think is your biggest contribution to the Koss Olinger team? My commitment to doing my best and helping those around me is always my starting point.