10 Questions With Katie Nentwick
Last month we briefly introduced our new Director of Insurance, Katie Nentwick. This month we wanted to take the opportunity to hear from Katie directly and get to know her better with our 10 question spotlight. Learn more about Katie below
10 Questions with Katie Nentwick
- How long have you been with Koss Olinger and what is your role? I’ve been at Koss Olinger since December 2018, but I’ve known the partners for nearly 10 years. I handle all matters relating to the servicing of in-force life insurance policies as well as the design and implementation of new life insurance plans for Koss Olinger clients.
- Where did you grow up? I grew up in the country of Northeast Ohio, right where Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia meet.
- Do you have any pets? If yes, tell us about them. Yes, one very happy five-year-old dog named Finnegan. He’s a black lab that loves smiling, adventuring, swimming, and running. He’s the perfect combination of cuddly and crazy, but he’s my very best friend.
- What is something people would find surprising to learn about you? I’m very skilled at spear throwing (javelin). I was a Division 1 track athlete in college and my event was the heptathlon, but I excelled in the javelin.
- What do you consider your best quality? Empathy. In our line of work, this is just as crucial as analytical skills. Listening with the ability to put yourself in another’s shoes is what makes the difference between a good advisor and a great advisor.
- If you could have dinner with one famous person from history who would it be and why? Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Being an attorney myself, RBG is a hero of mine – her tireless advocacy for equal rights among women and minority groups has shaped our modern society in a way few people, let alone women, ever get the chance to. In my eyes, she is the epitome of a jurist, working mother, and supportive partner.
- What is the best advice you ever received? My dad always told me that I would be the first woman President, and I believed him. I don’t know if that’s advice as much as it is empowerment, but it absolutely shaped the person I am today by conveying to me that there’s no limit to the things I can accomplish. However, I’m very glad I didn’t take his encouragement literally…
- What is your super power? Lifting heavy weight. Maybe by the time I’m a mom I’ll be able to lift a car – I hear they have superhuman strength.
- What is your favorite food? Indian food – in particular Chicken Tikka Masala
- What do you think is your biggest contribution to the Koss Olinger team? I think I bring a unique perspective to estate and business planning areas at KO. My legal background and in-depth knowledge of risk management solutions compliments the team’s fiduciary approach to planning. I think we all make each other better and it’s impossible to not succeed in an environment like that.